AmigaActive (1212/2143)

From:David McMinn
Date:16 May 2000 at 15:17:10
Subject:Re: RE: Validation Problems

> does any constant disk activity happen? sometimes it is best to

It should do as that would be the OS trying to validate the disk.
Like
you say, leave it alone until any disk activity stops. Although it
normally happens during bootup, i.e. before you even get the chance
run V.

You could try booting off an original WB disk, as it will also try to
validate the HDD, but you won't get any problems with trying to
access
the HDD when booting from it.

> probably because it is trying to write to the cache directory but
> cannot,
> and Voyager never checks this state! It crashes when the HDD gets
> full too!

And disks are set to 100% full when they are invalid, to prevent
further writing to them and possibly making the data even more
corrupt.

> problems at all and my machine crashes a lot, especially testing
> dodgy Beta
> software & my own programs :) hehe.

You should learn to program properly then ;p